On Android devices running version 4.2 or higher, you can now generate bug reports and send them directly to me.
- Reproduce the issue
- Open your device's Settings
- Go to Developer Options I
If you don't see this options see Help at the bottom
- Tap Take Bug Report at the top
- Wait a minute or two for the report to generate. When the report is ready, an email will be created for you that contains the necessary information.
- Send the report to [email protected]
If you go into the developer options of a device running 4.2, you can check the box to add the Bug Report option to the power menu
Navigate your phone to the "Build number" portion of the settings, which can be tucked away and buried in submenus.
Here’s how to get there on a few popular devices:
Stock Android: Settings > About phone > Build number
Samsung Galaxy S5: Settings > About device > Build number
LG G3: Settings > About phone > Software information > Build number
HTC One (M8): Settings > About > Software information > More > Build number
Once you’ve found the Build number section of the settings, tap on the section 7 times.
After two taps, a small pop up notification should appear saying "you are now X steps away from being a developer" with a number that counts down with every additional tap.
After the 7th tap, the Developer options will be unlocked and available.